Cryptocurrencies this year are booming at greater heights and so are the giveaways. Many cryptocurrency companies are distributing free crypto airdrops to everyone in their community. The distribution is done to increase their project visibility, circulating supply of the coins, and higher simulation of crypto trading. When these crypto coins are freely distributed, it accounts for crypto airdropping.
Crypto airdropping is one of the easiest ways to get cryptocurrencies. In fact, some of them think of crypto airdropping as money falling from the sky. The airdropping can occur during an ICO or fork of an old blockchain. One such example can be that of the Bitcoin fork which led to the creation of Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV and further resulted in a cryptocurrency airdrop.
Now that you have an overview of cryptocurrency airdrop, let’s understand the top 5 airdrops for December 2020.
1. Trustswap Airdrop to Team Holder
Estimated Value: 950,266 SWAP
About Airdrop: TrustSwap is acquiring Team.Finance to enhance the growth of its ecosystem. In this acquisition process, the Team.Finance developers who are specialized in front-end UI/UX, back-end coding, smart contracts, solidity, etc. will soon begin to build the TrustSwap ecosystem. They will update the existing system and add new portals and pages to the platform.
As a return service, TrustSwap will conduct an airdrop for all the TEAM token holders. They will give away $SWAP equal to their TEAM holdings.
- A snapshot of the TEAM holders will be taken on December 3rd, 2020 at 5 PM PST.
- There will be two airdrops distributed to eligible TEAM holders. The first one will be held on December 5th, 20202 and the second will be held on December 19th, 2020.
- The estimated SWAP tokens will be distributed directly into their wallets. It is in the ratio of 1 TEAM: 1.865 SWAP.
- Any TEAM holder on a centralized exchange will not be eligible for the airdrop so they need to remove them from those exchanges and liquidity pools by December 3rd, 5 PM PST.
- After the completion of the second airdrop, all the Team.Finance assets will be under the assistance of TrustSwap and will be incorporated into the ecosystem.
2. Flare Networks
Estimated Value: 45 Billion Spark tokens
About Airdrop: Over the past few days, the amount of interest in flare has increased tremendously. It happened so after the announcement of the process for preparing an XRPL account to receive Spark on Friday. Since then, there are 295 million XRP contained in the XRPL accounts. These accounts are all set to receive the Spark token. A total of 45 billion Spark tokens are available to claim. Users will receive tokens in a 1:1 ratio i.e. 1 XRP: 1 Spark token.
- All those who own XRP except XRPL and other employees of Ripple Labs can claim Spark tokens.
- A total of 45 Billion Spark tokens are distributed among those with self custody and those who store their XRP with an exchange.
- Once the network launch happens, each XRP holder who claims Spark tokens will receive 15% of the total Spark. The remaining Spark will be distributed within 25 to 34 months.
- User has to switch their XRP to a supporting exchange like Binance, Kucoin, Okex, BitBns or move their XRP to self-custody.
Estimated Value: 642 CRBN per 1 ETH
About Airdrop: The Carbon top 300 rewards system is mainly for the top 300 users who will share a healthy rewards pool. The rewards system will be based on CRBN holdings for a few days as the Carbon app is not live yet. The rewards payout dates will be December 15th, January 15th, February 15th, March 15th, and so forth.
- Snapshots will be taken on the same day before each payout.
- The rewards will be sent only to that wallet that holds CRBN tokens. The cryptocurrency airdrop will be excluded for team and exchange wallets.
- The airdrop will be 10% of 75% of unsold tokens. The payout will take place on December 15. 978,396 CRBN is the total pool for these tokens.
- The rewards will be directed to the same address that was used in the token sale.
About Airdrop: The NEM group confirms that Snapshot and Symbol mainnet launch will be held on 14 January 2021. This date falls between Christmas and Holiday. The snapshot block will be 3,025,200. The Pre Launch Opt-In closes on 9th January. The Genesis/Nemesis block will be created on 14th January within a few hours of the snapshot. XYM tokens will be given out in the Genesis/Nemesis block to all the accounts who chose to pre-launch opt-in closing while conforming to the terms and conditions of the opt. Users will receive tokens in a 1:1 ratio i.e. 1 XEM: 1 XYM.
Estimated Value: 3.031.866 DIA Tokens
About Airdrop: DIA (Decentralised Information Asset) is an open-source, financial information platform that uses crypto-economic rewards to source and evaluates information. DIA will work towards eliminating the adverse effects of the KuCoin hack. DIA plans to give back to the community through a community airdrop for all the long-term hodlers.
- Only those users who hold $DIA are eligible for the crypto airdrop.
- DIA staking participants, CEX holders, DEX holders, and LPs are eligible.
- If your wallets hold DIA between September 25, 2020, 12 pm CEST — December 10, 2020, 12 pm CEST will be eligible.
- Each eligible user should hold a minimum of 1 DIA token.
- The cryptocurrency airdrop will take place on January 11, 2021, to all those wallets that held DIA tokens.