Layer Zero is a multichain interoperable protocol for passing lightweight messages across different chains. In simple words, it is a new dimension of crypto bridging with the goal to connect all EVM chain and unify liquidity pools. At launch, Layer Zero plans to support Ethereum, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Avalanche, Arbitrum, and Optimism.
Layer Zero has huge backers, raising a massive $135M from FTX, Coinbase, PayPal, a16z, Sequoia Capital, and others. Note that one of the investors is PayPal Ventures, Layer Zero is their first web3 project in their portfolio. This makes the Layer Zero Airdrop probability very likely.
Here is a strategy on how to cover Layer Zero Protocol before the $ZRO launch. If they ever conduct an airdrop, it would be similar like Aptos, Optimism and EVMOS Airdrops.
What is $ZRO?
• $ZRO would potentially be used to pay for gas fees on their native blockchain
• You can find $ZRO information in their code snippet
How to qualify for this potential airdrop?
There are only a few platforms that are currently live on Layer Zero. Some of them are in testnet and some will cost some money. Here is a strategy on how to cover Layer Zero Protocol before the $ZRO launch.
The first protocol built on L0 is Stargate Finance. Getting $ZRO may require Stargate related actions.
Use LiquidSwap by Pontem Network
It is a bridge on Layer Zero using which we can send tokens between Ethereum and Aptos.
- Bridge from any EVM chain to Aptos or vice versa. (Example, transfer some tokens from optimism to Aptos)
- EVM to EVM is not possible. (Example, you can transfer from Ethereum to BSC or Optimism or Arbitrum and vice versa)
- Link: https://bridge.liquidswap.com
Use the Aptos Bridge (powered by Layer Zero)
The LayerZero Aptos bridge enables seamless asset transfers between Aptos and the world of blockchains. Connect your source and destination wallets to get started.
This is similar to LiquidSwap, so follow the same steps.
Use USDC Layer Zero Bridge
It is a bridge on Layer Zero using which we can send USDC between EVM chains. The Omnichain Fungible Token Standard (OFT) is built on top of LayerZero’s innovative omnichain messaging infrastructure, which allows fungible tokens to be securely transferred across chains, without the need for asset wrapping, middlechains, or liquidity pools.
- Open link https://usdcdemo.layerzero.network/bridge
- Connect wallet & claim Faucet USDC, Faucet ETH & Faucet AVAX
- Now swap from Goreli Testnet to Fuji & vice versa